The ST-LINK/V2 is an in-circuit debugger and programmer for the STM8 and STM32 microcontroller families. These are available in the form of dongle. The single wire interface module (SWIM) and JTAG/serial wire debugging (SWD) interfaces are used to communicate with any STM8 or STM32 microcontroller located on an application board.
In addition to provide the same functionalities as the ST-LINK/V2, the ST-LINK/V2-ISOL features digital isolation between the PC and the target application board. It also withstands voltages of up to 1000 Vrms.
STM8 applications use the USB full-speed interface to communicate with the ST Visual Develop (STVD) or ST Visual Program (STVP) software.
STM32 applications use the USB full-speed interface to communicate with Atollic®, IAR™, Keil®or TASKING integrated development environments.
Note: These ST-Links V2 dongles come in a variety of different colors. We're unable to control the color you receive.
- You can get 5V and 3.3V out of it.
- USB 2.0 full-speed-compatible interface
- SWIM specific features
- 1.65 V to 5.5 V application voltage supported on SWIM interface
- SWIM low-speed and high-speed modes supported
- SWIM programming speed rate: 9.7 Kbytes/s in low speed and 12.8 Kbytes/s in high speed
- SWIM cable for connection to the application via an ERNI standard vertical connector (ref: 284697 or 214017) or horizontal connector (ref: 214012)
- SWIM cable for connection to the application via a pin header or a 2.54 mm pitch connector
- JTAG/serial wire debugging (SWD) specific features:
- 1.65 V to 3.6 V application voltage supported on the JTAG/SWD interface and 5 V tolerant inputs
- JTAG cable for connection to a standard JTAG 20-pin pitch 2.54 mm connector
- JTAG supported
- SWD and serial wire viewer (SWV) communication supported