An affordable, rugged, secure, and open hardware platform for battery powered connected things with ESP32.
Hornbill is a development platform for the Internet of Things. It’s a set of hardware tools, firmware, and templates for local and cloud-based apps for controlling your project. It’s for makers, engineers, and small companies who want to build secure and robust network-connected things at a fraction of the cost of other platforms.
Hornbill helps you build better prototypes with affordable, secure, and feature-rich hardware based on solid firmware and Open Source, platform-agnostic app and cloud-based software.
The core objective of the Hornbill project is to develop tools that are open, reliable, and consistently supported and expanded over time. We believe the real value in connected things lies in use cases that provide real insights, that help conserve resources, and that reduce costs.
The aim is not to build yet another IoT platform, but to use the best of open tools to help you build a solution, the way current web technologies work.
Features & Specifications:
Hornbill hardware empowers you to build better prototypes. Hornbill hardware was built to serve our prototyping needs, so we are confident it will serve you well. It’s time to get rid of loose wires, double-sided tape, and tin cans!
Hornbill ESP32 dev is breadboard-friendly dev board with tons of features. You can build your next connected thing with just this one board.
- Breadboard-friendly pinout
- Built-in CP21XX USB-to-serial
- Single cell LiPo charger
- ESP WROOM32 FCC, CE, IC, MIC (Telec), KCC, and NCC certified module.
- Xtensa dual-core, 32-bit LX6 processor
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n/e/i
- Bluetooth: v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE
- 12-bit SAR ADC up to 18 channels
- 2 × 8-bit DACs
- 10 × touch sensors
- Temperature sensor
- 4 × SPI
- 2 × I²S
- 2 × I²C
- 3 × UART
- 1 SD/SDIO/MMC host
- 1 slave (SDIO/SPI)
- Ethernet MAC interface with dedicated DMA and IEEE 1588 support
- CAN bus 2.0
- IR (TX/RX)
- Motor PWM
- Built in remote peripheral up to eight channels
- Hall effect sensor
- Ultra low power, analog pre-amplifier
- Supports all IEEE 802.11 standard security features, including WFA, WPA/WPA2 and WAPI
- Secure boot
- Flash encryption
- 1024-bit OTP, up to 768-bit for customers
- Cryptographic hardware acceleration: AES, SHA-2, RSA, ECC, random number generator (RNG)